Did you know that compression socks need to be worn differently than regular socks? You can risk tearing or ripping your socks by improperly wearing them! Looking for an easy way to put on compression socks? We've got you covered.
How to put on a compression sock:
- Do it early in the morning, when you have the least swelling in your legs.
- Sit in a chair with a back. This gives you something to lean against as you put on the stockings.
- Hold the top of the stocking with one hand. Then with your other hand, reach inside the stocking and push your arm all the way in until you reach the end and can grab the toe.
- When you have a firm grip on the toe, pull your hand back up through the stocking, turning it inside out, but leaving the tips of your fingers in the toe of the stocking.
- Put your toes into the toe of the stocking, and gently roll and slide it back over your heel. Then use your finger tips or palms to slowly roll and slide the stocking all the way up your leg.
- Be careful not to grab and pull at the top of the stocking, because that can cause it to rip or tear.